mama scout lab e-course

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

big girl as she was


"Big girl as she was, Laura spread her arms wide to the wind and ran against it. She flung herself on the flowery grass and rolled like a colt. She lay in the soft, sweet grasses and looked at the great blueness above her and the high, pearly clouds sailing in it. She was so happy that tears came to her eyes." 

Laura Ingalls Wilder
By the Shores of Silver Lake


We are deep into the last books of the Little House on the Prairie and they just keep getting better. I think I will need to revisit them every few years. Have you read them all? 

7 comments:

  1. That is a fantastic photo, Amy. We need to revisit them soon. Aine doesn't remember them. They are so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! they deserve to be read every few years. we seem to get something new each time.

      Delete
  2. I'm reading these to my daughter for the first time as well. My old copies, actually. I can't believe how much I forgot! And yes, they do keep getting better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and they read so good as an adult. i am surprised how much i become engrossed in the story.

      Delete
  3. I read them all as a little girl. So looking forward to sharing them with my daughter. My boys have no interest at all. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. have you tried farmer boy? my boys loved that!

      Delete
  4. Perfect quote for an absolutely gorgeous pic!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...